Wednesday, September 06, 2006

For Uncle Mike

For all of you to understand today’s blog entry I must first tell a story. In Montana this summer while visiting family I came across an unusual book in my Uncle Mike’s (who also served in the Peace Corps) truck. It was a book and a tape on how to learn Spanish rapidly. I was quite intrigued by this so I asked Uncle Mike “Please speak a little Spanish to me.” My Uncle Mike responded with simply one phrase “FFFEEEEEE” which is how you pronounce the letter “F” in Spanish. Since that moment the big joke in my family is to say the Spanish letter of “F” to each other.

So yesterday in my Spanish class to take a break we played the game HANGMAN. Surely all of you remember the game hangman where you guess a letter that is in the secret word. When it came to my turn and the teacher asked me to guess a letter. Funny enough I looked at her and proudly said “FFFEEEEE.” I could only chuckle as I thought of goofy Uncle Mike.

I am still having a blast here in Guatemala. They use the voz form for those of you that are interested. My favorite new Spanish word is “Púchica” which is like saying “Shoot” in English. It is a good way to express your feelings without saying a vulgar word. Today the kids and I danced to Michael Jackson in my room. I took some pictures which I hope to share with you soon.

Well take care,

Drewski

9 Comments:

At 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love that story...can't wait to see those cute little kids you keep talking about. Love you Drew Bear!!
Amy Star

 
At 5:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey bear..love it..you made uncle mike proud..spanish in a classroom in s.d. must be a little different there..papa says the twins are on detroits heels..vikings opener on mon night..the big guy is happy.. we hang on all your words..so great to hear about your life there..guess you figured who the SPRINGERS are..dah.going to ames on sat for ames.love you tons

 
At 8:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drewski,

Good to hear from you again. You let your kids dance to Michael Jackson? Oh those poor kids are going to be in trouble doing the "moon" walk at show and tell! Ah just kidding! Good to see you are having so much fun! Things are good here, only 60 days aways from election day. I am getting very nervouse and working as hard as I can! Have fun buddy!

 
At 12:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just read today's blog. Your stories are great! You're excitement really shows in your words. Lookin forward to your pics. Keep bringing us the stories. Jodi

 
At 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the FFFEEEE story! Brings back some fun memories from this summer! We also loved the Michael Jackson dance lessons. Did you do the moonwalk performance that you did at our wedding? You must be their American Idol!!! Love you sweetie - keep sending the updates. Sue

 
At 8:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drew,

Hope you are well and enjoying everything life sends your way. Take care. We'll keep your room clean!!! Miss you,

la familia de KLOZENBUCHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 5:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drew- I am very proud that my vast understanding of the Spanish language was of some assistance, but of course I must ask, "What was the word in hangman?" Sounds like you are doing well- no surprise there.

Love
Unc Mike

 
At 7:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Drew...
I saw Aunt Margo the other day and she let me know how to get on your site. It is great to be able to hear from you! Sounds like everything is going great so far. Donny and I would have loved to have seen your BB game! We love your stories...keep writing and take care. Much love, Lesley and family

 
At 8:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi drew what have u been up to it sounds like you are having alot of fun.I started middle school it is alot of fun.Mr.mors and Miss.evers r realy nice and the food is so good but their cookies are the best.i will tell mr.mors hi four you.well i am glad u are having fun i hope to talk to you soon

love you much,mackenzie(i miss you)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home