Sunday, September 10, 2006

Hello

We are all starting to gel really well here. There have been some intense games of volleyball after training hours, and to make my sister proud lots of people have been impressed by my skills. Josh asked me if I honed my skills on the beach volleyball circuit of Dakotas. I wish you could all be here to see how much we laugh and give each other a hard time. My fellow trainees have been making fun of my South Dakota accent. Didn’t even know I had one, but yah doooon’t yah knooooow ; Oh yah ya betcha.
Yesterday a group of us went to Antigua for a little getaway. It was so much fun to hear stories about similar experiences of trying to keep the Guatemala food under control and not visit el Baño multiple times a day. I probably should send the stories in an email because they are quite grotesque but also hilarious.
I can’t believe that I haven’t even written about Bill in this blog. At staging in D.C. I met Bill and we are not sure on Bill’s age but he has a shirt that says “70 isn’t old… If you are a tree,” and he told us it was an old shirt. When I met him I thought to myself isn’t this cool that this nice older man wants to serve in the Peace Corps. After visiting with him we all learned that this was Bill’s fifth time serving in Peace Corps Guatemala. Today Bill leaves us to go to his site to work already and we will definitely going to miss his profound wisdom on this experience and about life in general. My favorite quote from Bill was “In Guatemala you can’t trust your farts.” That might be one of the funniest things I had ever heard.

Take care,

Drewski

1 Comments:

At 5:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a great quote from Bill, you can never trust a fart in the words of Drew Anderson "You may gamble and lose!" Good to hear things are going so well Postma andf I are still planning our trip for next year to be prepared! Have fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home