Monday, November 27, 2006

Oriente here I come with TWO ARMS!!!

Wow!!!! I am sorry for how long it has been since I last wrote, but we have been busy as hell. Training officially ended last week and I am now a (PCV) and no longer a (PCT) Swearing in was a very surreal experience. As I looked around I came to the realization how fortunate I was to be surrounded by such amazing hard working people. The downside to that is now that we are volunteers spread throughout the country I will no longer be able to see them everyday. The moment we were swore in Liam and I went to the bathroom and had a ceremonial shaving of our mustaches. Everyone says it looks as though I lost about FIVE years.
I just got my cast off in the Capital and to celebrate I hit just about every fast food joint in the Malls food court. What a joy it was to stuff my face RIGHT HANDED with Taco Bell chalupas, Pizza Hut pizza, and chase it down with a Pollo Campero Ice cream.
I leave tomorrow at 7:00 to begin the journey with which I came here for. Two years starts tomorrow and while I am very excited I am also a little nervous. One thing for sure is that I have a sweet house which I can’t wait to show all of you. Coming soon pictures of the house and ¨Andres el Vaquero¨ (Drew the Cowboy).

Take care,

Drewski

9 Comments:

At 5:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey drew, i just wrote you a whole page and it didn't go through so i'll tell you again,,the world is happier tonight after hearing from you..we're so proud of you MR.PCV and happy you have the cast off,,a happy tummy and a new home..we'll be waiting for pics and more adventure stories as you start your new program..our love is with you--papa and grandma

 
At 3:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet! You shaved your stache!!!!! I like that clean cut face! I sure wish we could send some furniture for your new digs! Hope you have a pillow to sleep on tonight. Good luck with your new job sweetie! I know you'll meet new friends in no time. They are lucky to have you there. Temps are dropping here - in the 20's starting tomorrow - thinking of you in the 90's. Love you Drew. Aunt Sue

 
At 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

DREW BEAR
Can't wait to see pics of the house and the real deal not too far away. Be down there before we know it. Glad you got that dang cast off..and like mom said...winter is here. At this very moment I can hear the friged wind beating against my apartment. Oh how lucky you are :) Well gotta go lift..probably going to reminisce about WHS and you doing lifts I've never seen. Ha, love you brother!
Amy Star

 
At 1:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude!
Believe it or not I have been cruising through your blog on and off(when the Forest Service gives me a minute to read something other than contracts, task orders and modifications ... don't ask). I am so proud ~ and envious ~ of you. You are the real thing! Rock on in the new job and in the new house. Can't wait to see the pics. The mountain is piled with snow ~ I spent 5 hours plowing us out the other day. So get tan for me, baby. It's all about the ___ factor. You know I love you! Liz

 
At 9:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like you have found a new home... they are lucky to have you there... as you know, you are missed, and loved greatly... our thoughts and prayers are with you today and everyday to come. Touch as many lives as you can!! Your heart truly is in the right place.
sincerly,
much love and admiration

 
At 11:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drewbie
Well first off I hope that everything goes well for you there and I want you to know that Suanne and I are thinking of you. I cant wait to get more info about your new home. Well we miss you

Sincerly,
Casey Kindel

 
At 2:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was so great to hear from you again. It sounds like you are excited to get started. I can't imagine going very long without fast food...but eating it everyday for lunch sure makes me appreciate home cooked meals. Things are the same here (like everybody else says...it's cold!)Good luck on your newest adventure and keep the Blogs coming.
Sorry Miss Jackson

 
At 2:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you have two arms now better to hold the girls.Winter is approaching now cold cold. Our computer system crashed for all day so thought id write a note. I still am the resident espanol persona and not the best one but am working at it. Abe our dog is a great hunter and everyone wants to hunt with him. Send us a picture of your new home. Good luck. Your over the pod partner

 
At 8:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drewski...just want to say that you are the man!

M Daddy J

 

Post a Comment

<< Home