Sunday, October 08, 2006

I need Dr. Klozenbucher to put some dogs to sleep!!!

Last night was really interesting. I went with Julia to the championship of youth "Papifut" Papifut is Futbol but in an enclosed space with a fence around the court. I guess you could call it Arena Soccer. The kids that were playing were only 12 years old and you should of heard the fans. It was unbelieveable how hard the fans were riding the young kids, all I could think is how much I would be crying. There was easily 15 times as many people at this youth soccer match than compared to my basketball games.

I am getting pretty excited for the next couple of weeks. The staff is currently deciding where to send all of us for the next two years of our lives. I am kind of hoping for the eastern part of the country. I think I could spend two years of my life near the eastern coast which has a carribean vibe much different from the indigenous communitites here in the mountains.

All was going well until the other night. I was going to visit my frined Meghan and work on some spanish homework when a couple of dogs started barking at me. In case you didn’t know the streets of Guate a filled with “Chuchos” which are random street dogs who find it necessary to strategicly deficate in places where I am destined to step. Anyway three of them started barking like crazy so I did the volunteer defense mechanism and faked like I was going to kick them, suddenly before I knew it five more came from around the corner. So there I was on a dark street of Guate surrounded by 8 dogs. As they got closer and closer I picked up a giant rock and clobbered one in the head. They scattered breifly but then returned, luckily my Mom saw this and yelled at all of them for me. This was the first time I was scared and really wanted my 22 rifle to take care of business. Maybe I should just walk the streets with cheese burgers to create a diversion.

Take care,

Drewski

4 Comments:

At 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

who let the dogs out???
papa says: carry a cane and turn the grip around to become a hammer.you'd have to circle swing to handle 8 at a time..maybe a 9 iron would work better.. grandma wants to know how the cat supply is?????hope your next assignment is what you want..love you
papa and grandma

 
At 9:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having spent time on both coasts of Mexico I can understand the dog situation - makes me understand the true meaning of Pack animals. Sure glad your Mom was able to get rid of them but the cheesburger idea is great!!!!! I so hope you'll get the assignment you desire, the coast must be just beautiful. I sooooo love the Carribbean. You take care Drew and keep up the great blog - I check all the time to see whats going on. Love ya, Aunt BARB

 
At 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Drew,
I think my other comment got posted in the wrong spot, so I don't know if you'll see it. Just wanted to send my king some love from SoDak. What an incredible experience you're going to have in Guatemala! I really respect you for the way you've chosen to serve others. Best wishes always. I look forward to reading more about your experiences. Take care! Love your queen:)

 
At 8:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Drew! Sorry it's been so long since I've posted. That doesn't mean I am not thinking about you every day!! Looking forward to your next update. We all look so forward to them. Maybe you'll know where your assignment is going to be. I'm sure your family is going to have a hard time letting you go. And I'm sure you will as well. Just know you have so much to give you need to spread yourself around that country doing good! We love you a ton! Be safe. Aunt Sue

 

Post a Comment

<< Home