Thursday, April 17, 2008

Trees and Fresh Fruit

Hey folks,


After a short trip home I feel very rejuvenated and find myself appreciating this experience all over again. YES!!!!

My Dad gave me some advice last night that my blogs should be frequent, short, and full of pictures. Here goes nothing.

Today my boss came and we went up into the villages to visit the macadamia project. These are some of my favorite pictures of my entire time here.




I can’t describe how much I enjoyed visiting this father and son. They were pretty ecstatic about the project. Check out the smiles.










The people in the villages are wonderful, but maybe one of my favorite parts of being out there is access to fresh fruit. Were talking so fresh that right after this picture was taken Don Efrain took out his machete and cut Gabriel and I some fresh sugarcane and oranges.



YUM!!!

Take care,


Drewski

4 Comments:

At 8:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love love love it---great pics--more more please..love to see your part of the world..love to see all the smiles too..keep it up drew.
love grandma

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger Sue W said...

So great to see an update Sweetie! Just sent you photos from Nick and Abby's wedding. How fun it was. And how lucky that we were able to have you here for the whirlwind of a weekend! Keep sending updates - we love to hear from you. Glad to see the trees are growing!!! Love you! Sue

 
At 7:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Drew!
It was rejuvinating for us to see you in MN! (glad you've returned back with a renewed sense of sprirt)
Jake enjoyed your short visit at the airport before you both departed on your Int'l quests! KEEP ON KEEPIN' ON, you are doing such great work..the power of ONE!
Love you, Margi
yummy fruit!

 
At 11:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Drew,

Interesting blog, keep it up. Drew if you know anybody just leaving the Peace Corps there and are interesting in teaching in Guatemala City I have a great opportunity for them.

pmcgreer@yahoo.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home