Friday, July 18, 2008

Map and town fair

I just started a new project in our local library to paint a giant map of the world on the wall. Unfortunately, our library resembles the appearance more of jail cell rather than a library. I’m in Antigua right now for a PC meeting but when I get back to my town I will put pictures up of our progress. I’m planning making this an after school project to encourage kids to spent more time in the library and hopefully entice them to check out some books.

!La Feria!

This week is our town’s festival of the patron Saint and fair. Basically it´s a five day event full of parades, dances, live music, and culminated on Friday with one of the biggest rodeos in the country. I got my boots polished, cowboy hat, and mustache ready to go. I’m optimistic that it will be a great week.


Take care,


Drewski

3 Comments:

At 5:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

" dem boots are made for walkin"
get out there on the streets and make this the best fair you've ever been at..sounds like real fun...can't wait to see pictures of your paint job. time is getting short--bet you've got lots of projects that need to be finished before you leave.. keep busy and the days will fly..
love you tons/
schneider lake assisted living home

 
At 7:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Drew!

What a great idea to get the kids involved at the library, you leave yet another footprint in Guatemala.
Enjoy the festivities..

Margi

 
At 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations. You are doing a nice job. I wish I had the courage to leave my country (Portugal) and go anywhere, just to help other people.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home